Monday, October 17, 2011

bandwagon

Hello All,

Hope you can forgive my absence. Truth be told I have kind of fallen off several bandwagons lately. It all started with my exam that I wrote 2 weeks ago, which did not go great. I now have to retake the course (which does not start for another 8 months!) which is putting a big delay on my schooling. In addition, I only failed by one point (!!!) which made me appeal the mark, but that didn't do anything. So after having paid the $195 for the appeal, I still have to pay an additional $980 to retake the course. This unfortunate turn of events has caused me to turn to retail therapy. Which as you can imagine never turns out well, and last night was the first time in 2 weeks that I even checked my credit cards, which will take a bit of a time to pay off.

Falling off the spending and schooling bandwagons has also caused me to not post, since I am too ashamed and distressed by what is going on. It's a vicious cycle, really.

But I am dealing, and theses misfortunes are making me appreciate the good parts of life even more, so not all is lost.

So I turn the table to you. What do you do when you are down on your luck? How do you keep yourselves motivated, and how do you allow yourself to indulge if your budget has no room for extravagances?

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that :( I've been there, it's horrible! Good luck. I'm sure it's just a hiccup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't pass. That really stinks that you have to retake the course and also pay all of that money!

    I'm glad to have you back though. When I'm down, I tend to shop also. Not good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweety, I'm sorry.
    Try to watch some favourite movie. there is nothing a bar of chocolate can't heal. Life sometimes is like a zebra, black and white, black and white...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about everything that you're going through. Keep your head up everything will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sorry! My sister is a new CA and one of my good friends from school is going through the same testing I believe you are and I know how stressful and hard the exams are. Keep your chin up! Take a break for a night and stop thinking about it too much - catch up with friends and just don't overanalyze it. (something I do way too often). And hide the Credit cards for awhile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( sorry about the exam. I have friends who have taken it and know how stressful it can be. Actually, a good friend had his brother throw a chair at him because the brother was so stressed from this test!

    What do I do when I need motivation? Allow myself a break to wallow and do unwise things such as shopping and eating a ton of junk food. Then I try to concentrate on the times I've succeeded to get the motivation to move forth.

    Btw, I'm doing my CFA exam this coming June. So you may very well see a similar post from me after that. I do hope that you don't feel ashamed about your disappointments to post on your blog. It's only human to fall off the course once in a while and what you went through was really stressful. I now I won't be judging you, and hope that nobody will judge me if I'm down on my luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you're doing better and that you'll come back soon. I think we all fall off the bandwagon sometimes and you're entitled to do that, and share whatever you want and do not want on this blog. But know that you'll have a supportive environment to come back to in this blogospphere. I'm looking forward to see more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is among the most important info for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really nice :
    D. Good job, cheers

    Check out my web blog ... cheap computer desks 2012

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post. I will be dealing with a few of these issues as well.

    .

    My web blog - our website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note! XOXO